Phonak Roger On V2 has the same microphone functions as the original Roger On but now has a Headset Mode. This added function connects the Roger On V2, with the cable provided, to a laptop/pc USB for online meetings or calls. You wear it like a TV newsreader where it picks up your speech for the online meeting and the speech from the online participants is transmitted from the Roger On V2 to your hearing aids.
Roger On V2 only has Bluetooth to use the myRogerMic App.
USB C charging socket.
Separate on/off switch, on the side, with mute now part of function button that controls all the mic settings
The display shows:
- that it is charging
- charge level symbol for 8hrs (full battery symbol)
- charge level symbol for 4hrs (half battery symbol)
- charge ! (battery symbol with diagonal line through)
- omni directional mode - when placed on table
- point mode
- presenter mode
- mute (mic symbol with line through it)
- fixed setting is now locked (with a padlock symbol)
- pairing link chain symbol - when the pairing button is pressed (pairing button is on the underside like the Select)
- tick symbol to show successful pairing
- ? symbol if out of range during pairing
- Headset symbol when plugged into the USB socket for an online meeting or call
- audio symbol when connected to audio output
- audio and the mic mute symbol when used with telephone adapter on landline telephone
The Docking Station now has a + / - volume control and has to be powered when used.
The App allows you to control some Roger On V2 functions remotely using your mobile phone.
- Stear the direction of the microphone beam
- Change microphone mode
- Mute or Unmute
- Check the devices status for example battery level and current microphone mode.
To use the Roger On V2 in headset mode the Roger On V2 is connected to the computer using a suitable USB C lead. The Roger On is worn around the neck to pick up your voice with the built-in microphones - you listen to the call using your hearing aids via the Roger receivers. A USB C to USB A lead is supplied with the Roger On V2.
Enjoy TV and Music
Turn you hearing aids in to wireless headphones by connecting your Roger On to the TV, PC, laptop, mp3 or mobile and stream the audio. If you use the Roger On, with the docking station connected, the docking station has a volume control.
- One to one coversation
- lanyard or clip
- using the case as a stand
- Small group meetings
- Omni directional microphone setting when lying horizontally on table
Use with a landline telephone
By connecting the docking station to a Telephone Adapter, sold separately, the Roger On V2 can be used for landline telephone use. The caller's voice is transmitted to your hearing aid Roger Receivers and you speak back to the caller using the telephone handset.
Roger Receiver Compatibility
Roger On can be used with any of the Roger Receivers. If you wear Phonak hearing aids the choice of receiver or receivers will depend on the model of your hearing aid. If you wear other manufacturer's hearing aids you can still use the Phonak Roger On but the choice of receiver will be dependant on the make and model of your hearing aid and limited to the Roger X or Neckloop. People who have a Cochlear Implants also have options as Phonak designed the Roger 17 for use with Advanced Bionics Naida Q70 and Q90, Roger 20 for the Cochlear Nucleus 7 and Roger 21 for use with the ME-DEL Sonnet Processor.
The Roger technology enables up to ten microphones to be networked together. This includes Roger Select, Roger Select iN, Roger Table Mic II, Roger Table Mic II iN, Roger On V2, Roger On iN V2and Roger Clip-on-Mic. In this mode the Roger On V2 works in presenter mode.
The device is available in two colours; champagne and graphite gray.
- 2-year manufacturers return to base
- Transmission Distance: 10m typical, 20m ideal conditions
- Audio Bandwidth: 100 Hz to 7.3kHz
- Operating time: Up to 8 hours
- Charging time: Approx. 3 hours (80% after 1 hour)
- Battery: Chargeable Lithium Polymer
- Charger: 5V 1A
- Microphone: Built-in array microphone
- External Input: Charger / Line Input - Micro USB
- Transmission: 2.4GHz including active automatic frequency hopping
- Dimensions: Diameter 55 mm x 12mm
- Weight: 28g
- Antenna: Built-in
- 1 x Docking station
- 1 x Power supply UK
- 1 x Charging lead (USB to USB C)
- 1 x Plastic Case
- 1 x Adjustable Lanyard
- 1 x Audio cable for the docking station (3.5mm to 3.5mm jack)
- 1 x 3.5mm to USB C cable (Connect Roger On to audio output)
- 1 x Optical audio cable (Toslink)
- 1 x User Guide
Phonak part numbers:
056-3026-P7010 Graphite Gray