Phonak's Roger EasyPen has the same wireless transmitting microphone capability as the Roger Pen but does not have the Bluetooth function, for mobile phone use or manual control of the microphone setting.
The EasyPen detects which situation you are in and automatically adapts its microphone, to one of the three settings available, that provides you with the best
speech clarity. The three microphone settings are:
- Conference style by placing the EasyPen in the middle of a table to listen and take part in a discussion with a group of people.
- Interview style by holding the EasyPen in your hand and point it towards the person you want to hear.
- Around the neck with the use of lanyard to hang Roger EasyPen around the neck of the speaker that you would like to listen to.
The microphone can be manually muted with a single short press of the On/Off button.
This device has an audio input to connect to your TV or MultiMedia devices to transmit the sound to you.
It can be used in a variety of settings including school, college and university. In the workplace for meetings and conversation.
Socially for listening to the TV, music, conversation, out for dinner and travelling in a car.
There is an LED that provides a visual indication of what setting the microphone is on, battery level and connection status. The unit is powered by a lithium ion battery in is fully charged, from empty, in approximately 2 hours.
The Roger technology enables up to ten microphones to be used together. This includes Roger Pens, Roger EasyPens, Roger Clip-on-Mics and Roger TableMic
The EasyPen has too be used with one of the Roger Receivers. If you wear Phonak hearing aids the choice of receiver or receivers will depend on the model of your hearing aid. If you wear other manufacturers hearing aids you can still use the Roger Pen but the choice of receiver will be dependant on the Make and Model of your hearing aid.
The Roger EasyPen is available in three colours; silver, petrol blue and ruby red.
- 2 year manufacturers return to base
- Transmission Distance: 10m typical, 20m ideal conditions
- Audio Bandwidth: 100 Hz to 7.3kHz
- Operating time: Up to 7 hours
- Operating time with active Bluetooth call: 5 hours
- Charging time: Approx. 2 hours
- Battery: Chargeable Lithium Polymer
- Charger: 5V 1A
- Microphone: Built-in array microphone
- External Input: Charger / Line Input - Micro USB
- Transmission: 2.4GHz including active automatic frequency hopping
- Dimensions: 142 x 15 mm
- Weight: 28g
- Antenna: Built-in
- Roger EasyPen
- Charging docking station
- Power supply with country adaptor and charging lead (Can be used for USB charging)
- Black leatherette storage pouch
- Audio cable for the docking station
- Micro USB audio cable
- RCA / Cinch adapter
- User Guide