Ampetronic's MLD7 is part of their new benchmark range for professional audio induction loop systems that also includes the MLD5 and MLD9. The system is compact, fits into one 19 inch rack space, has a robust design, cosmetically good looking piece of kit. The unit can be used freestanding or rack mounted with the brackets supplied.
The amplifier is capable of driving a wide variety of multiple loop configurations from multiple simple loops to phase shifted array systems for the most challenging customer requirements. Using an Ampetronic MultiLoop Low Loss design, the MLD7 will drive an area up to 840m , or can be used to drive two perimeter looped areas of up to 700m² each.
Their design provides optimum efficiency with ample current for standard field strength compliance, coupled with unmatched voltage headroom to ensure crystal clear sound reproduction without clipping or distortion at practical loads. The unit is built to Ampetronics exacting standards and backed by their 5 year return to base warranty.
The flexibility of Ampetronic's MLD units allows each output channel to drive separate loops, or two drive two overlaid loop patterns, with or without the selectable phase shift between the two channels.
Two separate perimeter loops can be driven at the same phase or with 90 phase shift. This provides coverage of large areas with no metal losses, or multiple different areas in the same facility.
Two loop layouts can be driven configured as multiple loop segments with or without phase shift. Simple array, low loss array or low spill array designs can create different performance to optimise field strength over any area, and minimise loop spill for adjacent systems or for confidentiality.
Ampetronic can be contacted directly for free advice on all loop applications, design tools and support is available to check the expected performance for your application. Most commonly used design types are low loss and low spill:
MultiLoop Low Loss Systems are used to:
- Compensate for high losses due to metal structures
- Drive large areas where perimeter loops cause too much variation
MultiLoop Low Spill Systems are used to:
- Perform the same tasks as a Low Loss systems, but also minimise spill
- confines signal to within 1.5m of looped area, suitable for adjacent rooms e.g. cinemas, classrooms, or confidential applications.
Summary of Features:
- Drives 2 output channels at 6.4A RMS each, featuring accurate and stable integrated 90 phase shift
- Up to 840m² MultiLoop area coverage
- Up to 2 x 700m² Perimeter Loop area coverage
- Space saving 1U rack mount unit, the most space efficient loop driver available
- Front inlet & rear exhaust fan cooling for true rack mount integration
- Rack mount or free standing installation
- Can be used with or without phase shift to drive independent loops
- Optimised to reproduce speech frequencies with unmatched intelligibility
- Excellent musical reproduction
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- Metal loss correction
- Active loop error monitoring & dual loop fault detection at start-up
- Versatile input selection
- 2 x XLR balanced mic / line switchable inputs
Low lifetime cost:
- Based on proven technology to ensure excellent reliability
- 5 year return to base warranty
- Tested to, and compliant with: IEC 62489-1 induction loop amplifier performance standard
- Free technical support from Ampetronic
- Courts & Confidentiality
- Conference facilities
- Stadia & Sports Halls
- Cinemas & Theatres
- Council Chambers
- Airports & Railway Stations
What's in the box:
- Handbook and installation instructions
- 197 x 252mm loop system present signage
- UK mains cable
- Loop connector for each output
- Rack mount brackets
- Status Connector
- DC Connector
Accessories you may require for your installation:
- 18mm x 0.25mm copper tape
- PVC extrusion to protect copper tape
- Installation / warning tape to fix cable or tape to a floor